In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Mickie Kennedy discuss:
- The evolution and power in press releases.
- What to look for when sending out a press release and who to send it to.
- Types of press releases to get noticed.
- Being interesting and an authority in your space.
- Most journalists are open to being reached and are on Twitter, however, they do often rely on the wire as they are often on deadlines and it helps to narrow down the information.
- Something with a good story is worthy of a press release. Stories will get coverage.
- Look for anything unique or newsworthy. The subject is more important than the release itself.
- If you build a relationship with journalists (particularly locally) they are more likely to think of you and quote you on a regular basis.
“Another thing that works really well with attorneys is being contrarian. If you have a contrarian viewpoint on a major issue, you stand the chance that you’ll get picked up every time they mention this issue because journalists like to be objective, and they like to cover both sides.” — Mickie Kennedy
Connect with Mickie Kennedy:
Free Master Class on Building a PR Campaign: https://www.ereleases.com/plan
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Legalese Marketing: https://legaleasemarketing.com/
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.