In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Lewis Landerholm discuss:
- Adapting to the changing law industry.
- Having the money conversations and asking for the business.
- Questioning and qualifying potential clients.
- Creating an org chart for a visual of where you are going (then fire yourself from as many positions as possible).
- The fear of the unknown often hinders moving forward with a necessary hire.
- Every time you answer “I’ll do it” will keep you as a true solo. If you wish to scale and grow you must delegate and let go of certain tasks.
- Assign a monetary figure to everything you do. If it is under your pay grade, delegate it out. Assign a responsibility title to each to do and see what role you need to hire for first.
- Learn to ask for help. You do not and cannot know everything. You need other people to grow.
“The piece that really helped me the most at the beginning, was just understanding that I had to fill in the gaps of figuring out what I didn’t know. Because I knew there was a lot that I didn’t know. So it was the not letting my ego or other things get in the way of seeking out that information from other people, and looking for it in mentors and coaches.” — Lewis Landerholm
Thank you to our Sponsors!
LegalEase Marketing: https://legaleasemarketing.com/
Practice Panther: https://www.practicepanther.com/
- Be That Lawyer Episode 263 with Marco Brown: https://www.fretzin.com/podcast/episodes/marco-brown-growing-your-firm-without-spending-a-dime/
- Book: Fans First by Jesse Cole – https://www.amazon.com/Fans-First-Change-Unforgettable-Experience/dp/154452921X
About Lewis Landerholm: Lewis Landerholm is the Founding Partner of Pacific Cascade Legal, a law firm that represents family law, bankruptcy, and personal injury clients throughout the Pacific Northwest. Lewis’s proclivity for business management and his desire to provide genuine support to families who are navigating difficult seasons and transitions have made him uniquely qualified to identify and deliver on the needs of clients and establish a successful firm that has become a household name throughout Oregon and Washington.
Connect with Lewis Landerholm:
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
Book: Legal Business Development Isn’t Rocket Science and more!
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
The post Lewis Landerholm: Scaling Up Your Solo Firm appeared first on FRETZIN, INC..